Everyone will have a doubt in their mind about whether can they can learn java in a week or not.
Learning Java is Basically a big task for a common man.
It is literally very hard. But we can make it possible by following some steps and a process. So, let’s know about some techniques to make this possible.
Java is one of the most popular languages in the world and to learn complete java is obviously not possible in a week. But yes you can learn the basics of java in a week by giving 3–4 hours a day even if you are a beginner in programming.
Importance of Java language:
For software developers, Java language is the first preference of their choice. For many years, it is the most used platform for software development. Even now it remains in the first position in the development platform. These days, billions of mobile phones run java only.
Java allows objects to move freely in Cyberspace. So, it had a very strong effect on the Internet.
Java is most used for?
Java is a programming language that is first introduced as part of the research. It is first used to develop advanced software for a wide variety of network devices and embedded systems. The goal of Java was to develop a small, reliable, portable, distributed, real-time operating platform.
Java is a most used programming language that is used as the server-side language for most back-end development projects. It also includes big data and Android development. This language is also commonly used for desktop computing, other mobile computing, games, and numerical computing.
It is known as a revolutionary programming language. It has completely changed the way of programming.
Before we start learning anything, first we need to know all its strengths and weaknesses. It helps us to utilize the best things out of them. So, now we shall know all the advantages and disadvantages of the Java language.
Advantages of Java:
- Java is a very simple language. It is easy to understand, easy to learn, and easy to write. The code is easily debuggable.
- It is less complex compared to other programming languages like C and C++.
- Many complex features pointers concepts, storage classes, operator overloading, and many more that are used in other languages are removed in Java to make it easy.
- The Java code is easily reusable.
- We can bind the data and functions of Java into a single unit to increase security.
- By using Java, we can reduce security threats and risks. We can also avoid the use of Pointers.
- Another advantage of Java is that it is economically cheap and can be easily maintained.
- Java can easily be moved from one computer to another.
Disadvantages of Java:
- Compared to other languages, Java executes very slowly.
- The performance of the Java language is also poor. This slow performance is due to the extra level of compilation.
- Each code in Java has to be interpreted to the machine-level code.
- The GUI look of Java doesn’t seem to be attractive even though it contains many popular frameworks such as Swing, SWT, JavaFX, and JSF for creating GUI.
- It consumes more amount of memory space compared to other programming languages.
How to learn Java in a week?
To learn java in a week, you first need to know some other programming language like C, C++, or python beforehand. You need to earn the basic syntax, data types, operators, decision making, looping, methods, and exception handling. You need to learn about arrays and Strings in detail.
If you desire to learn Java just in a week, you need to follow the below steps without losing interest and concentration.
These are the steps to follow to learn java in a week:
- On the first day, your duty is to learn the basic syntax, data types, operators, decision making, looping, methods, and exception handling.
- On the second day, you need to learn about Functions and arrays.
- On the third day, you should learn about loops (for, do-while, and while), you also need to practice some patterns problems, Operators. So that you will get a grip on every part.
- Next, on the fourth day, try to study OOPs (Object-oriented programming (OOP) is a style of programming characterized by the identification of classes of objects closely linked with the methods (functions) with which they are associated. It also includes ideas of inheritance of attributes and methods.
If you have time, do a study about every data structure in detail and solve problems based on that so as to enhance your coding and problem-solving skills.
- On the fifth day, have a look at Searching and sorting in the array.
- On the next day, learn about the 2D arrays and Strings.
- Then, finally on the last day, try to recall all the concepts and practice as many problems as you can.
So, after you cover all these topics, I will suggest you solve as many questions as you can to get familiar with Java. After this, your next target should be Learning Data Structure and Algorithm.
One of the best ways to learn and practice java is to learn this from Coding Ninjas for many reasons –
- It provides well-structured videos covering all topics of java
- You will get TA support to solve your personal doubts
- You will get Assignments related to the topic taught.
- You will be provided Placement support as well.
- There is a Course pause option also so you can manage deadlines.
So, after this, you have to follow the below steps to get perfection and a grip on Java.
- Start to Code with Small Programs. …
- Learn Java APIs and Write a Few Complex Programs. …
- Create One Desktop Application and One Web Application. …
- Participate in Good Java Blogs and Forums.
I hope this article may help you in learning the Java programming language within a week. I assure you that you will get an idea on the steps to learn java in a simple way. Thank you for reading the article. Have a great day.